Here’s how to make gooey, cheesy, garlicky pull-apart bread, one step at a time! Addictively buttery and cheesy with each piece and bursting with fresh herb and garlic flavours!
Potentially the most popular of all local crab dishes, the chili crab is popular for its flavorful sweet, salty, chili-hot tomato sauce. Many like to use the mantous to mop up the gravy! Try this recipe to satisfy that chili crab craving without buying the entire crab!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Condiment Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 20 mins Serves : 4
- Spice Paste
- 100g Shallots
- 20g Garlic
- 40g Lemongrass
- 40g Galangal
- 20g Ginger
- 2g Turmeric Powder
- 20g Belachan
- 30g Buah Keras
- 4 tbsp Extra Oil
- 30g Dried Shrimps (Hay Bee), finely ground
- 40g Spice Paste
- 1 tbsp Chili Paste
- 1 tbsp Fermented Bean Paste
- 200ml Ketchup
- 500ml Water
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch, mixed with 4-5 tbsp water
- 8 Eggs
- 500g Fresh Crabmeat
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- 8pcs Mantou
- In a food processor, place all ingredients for spice paste in sequence and blend. Process until you obtain a fine paste.
- Place eggs in sous vide machine and cook at 64°C for an hour.
- Heat extra oil, saute dried shrimps, fermented bean paste and spice paste together. Add chili paste. Cook briefly.
- Pour in ketchup and water. Bring to boil and thicken sauce slightly with corn starch solution.
- Add the crabmeat and bring to simmer. Serve hot with sous vide eggs, diced tomatoes, fresh coriander leaves and mantou buns.