Chef Julie puts a creative twist on a local favourite fruit! Each durian lava cake encases a generous serving of durian puree! Truly a durian lover’s dessert!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 30 mins Serves : 8
- 110g Butter
- 200g Durian puree
- 4 tbsp Yogurt
- 65g Plain flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 220g Fine sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 200ºC.
- Brush melted or softened butter on 8 ramekins or individual baking cups then add about a tablespoon of sugar on each and swirl it around to coat the sides and bottom.
- Whisk the softened butter and add in the durian puree.
- Pour in the yogurt, sifted flour and salt.
- Combine egg and sugar in the bowl of your mixer, beat on high speed until ribbon stage.
- Gradually fold the durian puree mixture with the egg mixture.
- Fill the cups and bake for 8-10mins at 200ºC.
- Cool for about 5-10 minutes before inverting each onto a plate.