Indulge in this juicy, seasoned to perfection Tenderloin with Red Wine Sauce that will leave you wanting more!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 30 mins Ready in : 50 mins Serves : 8
- Basic Brown Sauce
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 kg Beef Bones / Oxtail
- 1 White Onion, rough cut
- 1 extra White Onion, cut into half, grill cut side on pan until charred
- 1 small Carrot, rough cut
- 1 stalk Celery, rough cut
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 200 ml Port/ Red Wine
- 3 L Water
- Mushroom Sauce
- 50 g Butter
- 1/2 tsp Garlic
- 40 g Chopped Onions
- 250 g Mushroom [any kind]
- 500 ml Basic Brown Sauce
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 40 ml Whipping Cream [35% Fat]
- Salt to Taste
- 8 pcs of 80-100 g Tenderloin Steak
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- To make the Basic Brown Sauce, kindly follow Step 2 – 6.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and brown the bones and tendon.
- Add the vegetables and garlic, sauté until they are slightly brown.
- Add the tomato paste and deglaze with the red wine.
- Pour in the water and bring the mixture to boil. Simmer until ¼ (about 500 – 600 ml) of it is left.
- Strain and discard the solids. Reserve.
- To make the Basic Brown Sauce, kindly follow Step 8 – 10.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and sauté the garlic, onions and mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- Add in the brown sauce, bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the cream and mix well. Reserve.
- To make the Steak, kindly follow Step 12-13.
- In a non-stick frying pan, grill the steaks for about 2 – 3 minutes over high heat on each side to get a medium doneness.
- Serve with the mushroom sauce.