This Cream Corn Kaya Chiffon cake by Chef Julie Yee is sweet, light and fluffy and perfect for tea break!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 22 mins Ready in : 42 mins Serves : 6-8
- 4 Egg White
- 8 Egg Yolk
- 90gm Castor Sugar
- 120gm Cake Flour
- 1teasp Baking Powder
- 60gm Corn Oil
- 40gm Hot Water
- 250gm Thick Coconut Milk
- 130gm Milk
- 200gm Cream Corn
- 100gm Sugar
- 40gm Hoon Kueh Powder
- 25gm Custard Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven at 200ºC for 30mins – use the middle shelf
- Whisk egg white then add in fine sugar.
- Add in egg yolks & beat for another 3mins.
- Pour in water & mix for 10seconds.
- Fold in the sifted flours.
- Add in warm corn oil by hand. Mix well.
- Bake at 180ºC for 22mins. Slice into 3 layers when cool.
- Spread with the Cream Corn kaya fudge between layers.
- Mix thick coconut milk, milk, cream corn, sugar, hoon kueh powder, custard power, salt & simmer all ingredients together till boil & thick.