Sink your teeth into beautiful layers of lady finger biscuits, vanilla Chantilly cream and fresh strawberries! These Strawberry Shortcake Cups are to die for.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 45 mins Cook : 0 mins Ready in : 45 mins Serves : 5-8 dessert shot cups
- Vanilla Chantilly Cream
- 150g Dairy Whipping Cream 35% fat
- 10g Icing Sugar or Caster Sugar (Optional)
- 1/8 1 ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean Paste
- Trifle Base
- 8 pcs Lady Finger Biscuits
- 100ml Milk or Full Cream
- Vanilla Sponge Cake
- Strawberries, chopped into small cubes
- Jelly/ Piping Glaze
DIRECTIONS FOR VANILLA CHANTILLY CREAM
- In a cold greaseproof mixing bowl, combine whipping cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Using the whisk attachment, whip on medium speed (Kitchenaid speed 6) till soft firm peaks form.
- Using a spatula, transfer the whipped cream into piping bag with piping tip. Keep in the fridge immediately if not using immediately.
DIRECTIONS FOR ASSEMBLING THE TRIFLE
- Gently soak your sponge fingers in the milk briefly to moisten the sponge.
- Cut each up into 4-5 pcs each depending on your dessert shot cup shape/size.
- Place 2-3 pcs of soaked lady finger biscuits into each dessert cup.
- Pipe 1 layer of Vanilla Chantilly Cream. Top with chopped strawberries.
- Place remaining ladyfinger biscuits on top. Pipe 1 layer of Vanilla Chantilly Cream.
- Top with diced strawberries mixed with some jelly glaze.
** Keep refrigerated if not consumed within 30 minutes. Eat within 3 days.