Enjoy French Classic, Chocolate Éclair, a perfectly light choux pastry filled with creamy crème patisserie and coated with luscious dark chocolate ganache!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 45 mins Serves : 10 Servings
- Choux Pastry
- 132g Water
- 132g Milk
- 132g Butter
- 12g Sugar
- 2g Salt
- 172g Plain Flour
- 268g Eggs
- Crème Pastisserie
- 140g Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- 32g Egg Yolks
- 40g Sugar
- 14g Cake Flour
- Chocolate Ganache
- 100g Heavy Cream
- 100g Dark Chocolate
DIRECTIONS FOR CHOUX PASTRY
- Bring water, milk, butter, sugar and salt to a boil.
- Whisk in plain flour and dry the dough till it pulls away from the sides of the pot.
- Transfer mixture to a stand mixer and gradually incorporated eggs
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag.
- Pipe mixture and steam bake at 200C for 15 mins.
DIRECTIONS FOR CRÈME PASTISSERIE
- Bring milk and vanilla to a boil.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar till light and add in cake flour.
- Gradually pour in the boiled mixture with the mixer still running.
- Once incorporated, transfer mixture back to the pot and continue stirring till thicken.
DIRECTIONS FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Heat up cream and melt chocolate together.