Savour the sweetest, most delicious seafood you’ve ever tasted with Chef Susanne’s Steamed Fish Fillet recipe with a side of refreshing Zucchini Ratatouille!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 42 mins Ready in : 52 mins Serves : 4
- 4 Threadfin fillet (or red snapper, barramundi), 120g/ pc
- 1 no Big yellow onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 10 g Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Raw sugar
- 1 no Zucchini
- 1 can Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 bunch Sweet basil
- Salt, pepper, thyme
- Place thread fin fillet in steamer basket.
- Peel the onion and slice it finely in a food processor. (Set aside)
- Do the same with the zucchini (if zucchini is too large, cut in two, length wise, set aside.)
- Chop the garlic finely using a mini bowl of food processor.
- In a non-stick pan or wok, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced onion, chopped garlic, sugar and salt. Fry on low heat for 5 minutes, until onions are translucent, then add white wine vinegar and fry for another 15 minutes, until the onion are caramelized and soft.
- Add zucchini, sprinkle with salt and fry on medium heat with onions, until translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and thyme and mix gently with zucchini. Cook for 10 minutes or until the juices have reduced a little bit. Season to taste with salt and pepper, add finely chopped basil.
- Steam fish fillet for 5-7 minutes or until the flesh turns opaque and white – add salt.
- On a plate, place 2-3 spoonful of ratatouille in the middle. Top with fish and garnish with basil.