This stunning Squid Ink Risotto is the combination of two fabulous ingredients; it is thick, creamy and pack with flavors.
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 50 mins Ready in : 60 mins Serves : 2-4 Servings
- 1 cup Carnaroli Risotto
- 30g Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 pc Onion – chopped
- 500ml Lobster/ Prawn Broth
- 3 pc Baby Squid
- 1 pc Tomato
- 1 stalk Basil
- Radish – thinly sliced
- Fried Shallot
- Basil Leafs
- Grated Bottarga
- ROASTED CAPSICUM COULIS
- 2 pcs Capsicum, yello
DIRECTIONS FOR RISOTTO
- Fry the onions, garlic (and any vegetables that need softening) in a little butter.
- Add risotto rice – such as arborio,carnaroli or vialone nano – and fry until translucent.
- Add wine if using, stirring continuously until absorbed.
- Add a ladleful of hot stock, tomatoes, cabbage and cook over a medium heat and keep stirring until all the stock is absorbed.
- Repeat this until all the stock has been used, the rice no longer has a chalky core and the risotto is thick and glossy.
- Add final the ingredients such as squid, basil and butter. You can leave the risotto to sit for a few minutes so that all the flavours and liquid absorb and settle.
- Stir through the fresh herbs before serving.
DIRECTIONS FOR ROASTED CAPSICUM COULIS
- Remove the seeds from the capsicum and cut them into small pieces.
- Sweat the onion with olive oil (not browning them) then add in the chopped capsicum.
- Add enough water to cover the capsicum and simmer it till is fully cooked.
- Blend it smooth and pass through a fine sieve.