Love Kong Bak Pau? Then you’ll love this Sous Vide version! The melt-in-your-mouth pork belly paired with steaming hot buns will leave you wanting more!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 600 mins Ready in : 620 mins Serves : 12
- 24 fresh or frozen Chinese-style steamed buns
- 1 lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into medium-sized pieces
- A bottle of achar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 whole scallions, roughly chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 slice ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1-2 slabs pork belly
- Preheat the water bath to 170°F (77°C).
- Combine the marinade together in a food processor.
- Marinade with pork belly a vacuum bag and seal.
- Transfer to sous vide cooker and cook until completely tender, about 10 hours.
- In a saute pan, heat up on medium high heat without oil. Add pork belly to pan fry until fully cooked and nicely golden on the outside.
- Steam buns in a bamboo steamer.
- Stuff with lettuce, pork belly, and achar. Serve immediately.