Stir up a hot pot of Chicken Rendang for your family and friends this Hari Raya!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 40 mins Ready in : 50 mins Serves : 4 servings
- 1kg Chicken Leg (boneless)
- 200g Lemongrass
- 100g Onion
- 50g Dried Chili
- 100g Blue Ginger (galangal)
- 50g Garlic
- 2g Cardamon Pod
- 2 Cloves
- 10g Star Anise
- Palm Sugar
- Lime Leaves
- Coconut Milk
- 150ml Cooking Oil
- Grind the lemongrass, onion, dried chilli, blue ginger (galangal), and garlic together.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and then season with salt. Set aside.
- Fry the grinded paste in oil till fragrant.
- Add in the chicken, followed by the cardamom, cloves, star anise. Stir and mix well for 3 minutes.
- Dish up the chicken, cool down and set aside.
- Put the cooled chicken into the vacuum bag. Add in the coconut milk and melted palm sugar.
- Set the vacuum machine at 65 ºC and place in the vacuum pack for 1 hour.