Did you know that Petai has 4 times more protein, 5 times more vitamin A and iron than an apple? And if you are a lover of spice, you will definitely love our Sambal Petai with Prawns.
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 4 servings
- 6 Red chili
- 6 Chili padi
- 20g Belachan, toasted
- 1 Shallots
- 1 clove Garlic
- 250g Prawns, large, shelled, head and tail intact
- 50g Tamarind pulp
- 125ml Water
- 100g Petai beans
- 1tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Red chili, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, sliced and fried
- 2 Shallots, sliced and fried
- Prepare the tamarind water by mixing the tamarind pulp with water and strain.
- Blend the sambal belachan ingredients to a smooth consistency.
- Heat the oil in a hot pan and fry the prawns until half cooked. Add the sambal belachan and petai beans; and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the tamarind water, salt, and sugar; cook until the prawns are cooked through.
- Garnish with sliced red chili, fried garlic, and shallots.