Give your pasta a touch of Singapore with laksa leaves and kaffir lime leaves. The aromatic fragrance of the leaves, coupled with a smooth and lucious sauce will definitely be a family favourite!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 0 mins Ready in : 20 mins Serves : 2
- 250g Penne Pasta
- 50g President Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots (chopped finely)
- 2 cloves of Garlic (chopped finely)
- 200ml President Cooking Cream
- 200g Smoked Salmon Slices
- 2-3 sprigs of Laksa Leaves (sliced finely or chopped)
- 2-3 Young Kaffir Lime Leaves (crushed and sliced finely)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Laksa Leaves (for decoration)
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions and toss with a little knob of the butter. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan, add remaining butter and olive oil. Sauté the shallots over medium heat for 1 minute. Add garlic and cook until aromatic, then add the cream and bring to boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 1 minute. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix and season to taste.
- Serve decorated with laksa leaves.