This is a popular snack in the streets of Hong Kong! This recipe is delicious and shark-friendly. Make this delicious street food at home.
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 30 mins Serves : 4 servings
- 1 tbsp McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Ginger Powder
- 1 tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 can Button Mushroom, sliced
- 200g Bamboo Shoot Shreds
- 8 Pre-soaked Shitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 500ml Hot Water
- 1kg Rich Chicken Stock
- 20g Dried Black Fungus, soaked and thinly shred
- 200g Fresh Scallop, diced (pre-blanched)
- 4 tbsp Water Chestnut Powder, mixed into 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp McCormick White Pepper, mix in 1/4 cup hot water
- Some Chinese Parsley
- For taste- Pepper and Black Vinegar
- Heat wok, add in garlic powder and ginger powder pan grill slightly till aromatic then drizzle in the oil and Chinese wine.
- Add in all shredded mushroom assortments and bamboo shoot shreds, stir mixes thoroughly and pours in hot water and rich chicken broth. Bring to a rapid boil add in the black fungus and a stalk of coriander. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in diced scallop and prawn meat. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes. Thicken the soup with water chestnut solution. Season to taste with pepper stock and black vinegar.
- Garnish with Chinese parsley and serve hot.