This is a Malaysian staple favourite and is undoubtedly a must-eat and must-savour dish!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 30 mins Ready in : 1 hour Serves : 6-8 servings
- 4 cups Thai Jasmine Rice
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 4 pcs Pandan Leaves (knotted)
- 4 1/4 Rice cups Hot Water
- 1 tsp McCormick Turmeric Ground
- 4 tbsp Pandan Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Sugar
- As needed Fried Ikan Bilis
- As needed Cucumber Slices
- As needed McCormick Sambal Chilli
- Wash and soak rice with sufficient water to cover and leave to soak for 10 minutes. Drain and mix in rice seasonings.
- Pre-heat rice cooker. Put knotted pandan leaves and 1 tablespoons of vegetable oil into the inner pot; cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in seasoned rice stir mix thoroughly. Add in hot water, to cover rice. Close the lid of the rice cooker.
- Turn on the rice cooker and wait for it to cook automatically.
- When cooking process finished, open the lid and stir the rice to loosen. Serve Turmeric nasi on a serving platter, with fried ikan bilis, deep fried peanuts, fried eggs, cucumber slices and McCormick sambal chilli.