Enjoy the true taste of seafood with this flavourful Seafood Spaghetti in Squid Tomato Sauce which will leave you wanting more!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 35 mins Serves : 2
- Olive Oil
- 1 Anchovies
- 1/2 pieces Calamari
- 4 Prawns
- 8 Mussels
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Tomato crushed/ Tomato puree
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat butter with olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add seafood and cook. Take the calamari out at 1 minute, prawns at 1½ minutes. Transfer into a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium high. Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil, then add garlic, anchovies and onion. Cook for 3 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add wine and bring to simmer, scraping the bottom of the skillet to mix the brown bits into the liquid. Simmer for 1 minute or until alcohol smell has evaporated.
- Add tomato mix, sugar, salt & pepper. Low heat to medium high, bring to simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil the pasta and add it into the sauce to mix.
- Serve, drizzle with olive oil and garnish.