Al Cartoccia is an Italian cooking method where you cook the fish in a paper parcel. Baked with oregano, lemon, white wine and tomato chutney, Chef Gusto’s Sea Bass Al Cartoccia is delicious and flavourful!
Cuisine: European Course: Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 35 mins Ready in : 55 mins Serves : 1-2 Servings
- 1 fillet Sea Bass
- 2g Fresh Oregano
- ½ no Lemon
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 25ml White wine
- Pinch of Sea salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Tomato Chutney
- Idaho Potato
- 5 large Vine Tomato Fresh
- ½ no Onions
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Cayenne
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Cider Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and peel Idaho potato and steam for about 15mins (3/4 cooked). Slice and season with butter, salt and pepper.
- Fillet the sea bass, remove all scale, wash and tap dry with kitchen towel.
- Cut 4 (12 inch square of parchment paper or a heavy duty foil) and spread the squares out on work surface.
- Dice up all the vine tomato, onions, and cayenne pepper. Add in salt, pepper and cider.
- Mix the chutney evenly and put aside.
- Combine oregano, oil and the next 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub evenly over both sides of the sea bass fillets and place on the centre of the foil.
- Drizzle white wine and olive oil over the fish, seal the packets closed so that they are airtight. Place on baking tray and bake for 20mins.
- Cut open the top and serve immediately.