Salmon Confit with Green Lenthils
by Chefs Andrea Lim & Leonard Food of 5 Senses Bistro
Confit derived from the French word which literally means to preserve. Its a method of slow cooking any choice of your meal. But this recipe, shows you how to achieve Salmon Confit without cooking it for a long time. Try this elegant dish out now!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 30 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 1 serving
- 170 – 180g Salmon Fillet
- Corn Oil (as needed)
- Basil Leaved (as needed)
- 100g Green Lenthils
- 40g Bacon
- 20g Celery
- 200g Chicken Stock
- Vacuum the salmon with corn oil and basil leaves.
- Sous-vide for 15 mins at 53˚C.
- Remove from the bag Vacuum the salmon with corn oil and basil leaves.
- Cut the bacon, carrots & celery into small dice.
- Sauté until fragrant.
- Add in the green lentils and chicken stock/water.
- Cook on medium high heat till lentils are cooked.
- Monte with butter before serving.