You can never go wrong with a delicious Cream Puff Bread! Though it might take some time, the finished product is worth all the effort.
Cuisine : European Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 2 h 20 mins Cook : 1 h 20 mins Ready in : 3 h 40 mins Serves : 5 – 10 Cream Puff Breads
- GROUP A
- 125g Meiji Mike
- 175g Chilled Water
- 60g Sugar
- 5g Instant Yeast
- GROUP B
- 500g Blue Jacket Bread Flour
- 15g Full Cream Milk Powder
- GROUP C
- 8g Salt
- GROUP D
- 20g Un-salted Butter
- GROUP A
- 100g Water
- 100g Un-salted Butter
- 100g Blue Jacket Cake Flour
- 3 Eggs
- Chantilly Butter Cream
- 120g Un-salted Butter, room temperature
- 40g Icing Sugar
- 20g Whipped Cream, chilled
- 120g Full Cream Milk Powder
- Using the AO mixer fitted the stainless steel bowl with a dough roller, load the ingredient (A) together and turn on the machine, let all the particles are dissolved.
- Combine the ingredient (B) into the (A), and then add the (C) once become a dough, turn to mid-high speed knead and set timing for 10 minutes or till the dough with well surface.
- Add in the (D) and turn to mid-high speed knead for another 8mins, till the dough achieve well gluten.
- Let the dough ferment for about 40mins (or double size of the dough)
- Divide the dough to 50g each then roughly shape into balls and let it rest for 20-30mins.
- On the work surface, use the rolling pin gentle roll the dough into an oval shape, and roll it up to an olive shape, then place it on the baking tray for final proof about 60-80mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180’C, and bake at 180’C for 20 mins.
- Put the water and un-salted butter into a cooking bowl, cook till boiled then turn off the fire.
- Add in the cake four mix it well.
- Slowly add in the egg one by one, mix it till thick.
- Pack into to a pastry bag and pipe it on each bread once the final proof completed.
- Combine the icing sugar and the room temperature unsalted butter into the mixing bowl, whip it till smooth.
- Add in the whipping cream and beat the mixture until creamy and smooth.
- Pull in the full cream milk powder and mix until well combined.
- Pack into to a pastry bag and pipe the filling into each bread.
- Make a cut in the center of the bread and pipe in the Chantilly butter cream.
- Sieve the icing sugar on top of the bread.
- Add on some berries or nuts for decoration.