Relish every spoonful of this hearty Roast Pepper and Mascarpone soup that is packed with flavour and simple-to-make!
Cuisine : Mediterranean Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 30 mins Serves : 4-6
- 3 (600g) Red Peppers
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 Tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 cups Vegetable stock or 1 stock cube dissolved in 2 cups of hot water
- 3 tbsp Mascarpone
- Handful of Fresh Basil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Roast peppers in a hot oven or on a grill pan till charred.
- Transfer peppers into a bowl, cover with cling wrap and leave to stand for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil and sauté garlic and onions. Add tomatoes and stock. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Peel peppers, remove seeds and blend. Add them to the soup.
- Add mascarpone cheese and basil leaves to the soup and cook till smooth. Process if necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with basil leaves.