Sous Vide Cooking is a very popular method of cooking at the highest accuracy in most high-end restaurants. With affordable SousVide machines available for us to try, this healthy way of cooking has now found its way into the kitchens of home cooks! This sirloin steak is well-seasoned with 5 herbs, and one of the tastiest recipes that can be tried at home. The steak can be seared on the pan afterwards if you fancy more ‘char’. Serve them with glazed carrots, which are also prepared via the sous vide method of cooking.
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 45 mins Ready in : 60 mins Serves : 2-4
- 2 pieces sirloin steak
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- A small bunch of rosemary
- Few sprigs basil
- Few sprigs Thyme
- Small bunch of tarragon
- Small handful of oregano leaves
For the carrots:
- 2 medium-sized carrots, sliced
- 2 tsp butter
- A pinch of salt
- Set the sous vide temperature at 54°C for rare, 58°C for medium rare, 65°C for medium- well or 70°C for well done steak.
- Marinade the steak with remaining ingredients, and leave in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, place each steak into the vacuum sealable bag, and immerse in the sous vide until the desired temperature is reached.
- Unpack the steak and either blow torch or pan sear both sides until desired char is achieved.
- For the carrots, mix the sliced carrots with pinch of salt and butter and place in the sous vide at temperature setting of 65°C.
- Unpack and serve with the steaks, and salads.
- Note: Cooking time varies • For a 0.5 in / 1.25 cm steak: ~15 minutes • For a 1 in / 2.5 cm steak: ~45 minutes • For a 1.5 in / 3.8 cm steak: ~ 90 minutes • For a 2 in / 5 cm thick steak: ~ 2 hours