Try this Red Wine Prune Loaf recipe from Chef Julie for a breakfast fix!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Condiment Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 22 hr Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 22 hr 20 mins Serves : 6-8 Servings
- POOLISH DOUGH
- 200g Bread Flour
- 200g Water
- 50g Sourdough
- If you do not have sourdough, yeast is fine
- Active Yeast
- 1/8 tsp Instant Yeast
- 1 tbsp Water
- MAIN DOUGH
- 230g Bread Flour
- 9g Salt
- 220g Water
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Instant Yeast
- 50g Walnut
- 100g Prune
- 4 tsp Red Wine
DIRECTIONS FOR POOLISH DOUGH
- Combine all ingredients well and sit at room temperature for 1.5hr before keeping it in the fridge for 16hrs -20hrs.
DIRECTIONS FOR MAIN DOUGH
- Soak the prune with red wine overnight.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Add in the water gradually.
- Knead till gluten has formed.
- Let it ferment for 1hr.
- Shape dough 2 portions and shape into oval shape. Dust with flour.
- Proof for 1hr at 26C.
- Bake at 200C for 20minutes – 25minutes.