Relish every spoonful of this irresistibly decadent Chocolate Lovers’ Pie that is the perfect finish to a meal!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 215 mins Serves : 6-8 Servings
- 100g Oreos
- 25g Melted Butter
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 30g Sugar
- 110g Chocolate
- 60g Butter
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 25g Brown Sugar
DIRECTIONS FOR CRUST
- Crush the Oreos in a blender or a food processor.
- Stir in the melted butter and press the mixture into a pie mould.
DIRECTIONS FOR FILLING
- Whisk the whole egg, yolk, salt and the sugars together until tripled in volume.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate together. Stir in the vanilla and pour it into the eggs. Whisk with and electric whisk until well combined and a bit of the volume deflate.
- Pour the batter onto the crust from a height in order to deflate any big air bubbles.
- Bake the pie at 160C for 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and refrigerate for at least three hours before serving.
- Serve with slightly whipped cream and berries if desired.