Chef Audra Morrice adds a twist of flavour to an Aussie favourite using the freshest salmon and a tangy, tasty Szechuan dressing! This serves 4 perfectly as a starter or part of a shared meal. Enjoy!
Cuisine : Fusion Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 0 mins Ready in : 15 mins Serves : 4
- 600g Fresh atlantic/Tasmanian salmon fillet (skin on) (sashimi grade or good quality fresh salmon)
- 2 tbsp Micro herbs (shiso, coriander, watercress)
- 1 Large red chili, de-seeded, finely julienned
- 1 Knob young ginger, skinned, finely julienned
- 1 sprig Spring onion, washed, root discarded and finely sliced on the diagonal
- Crispy shallots
- 1 tsp Dou ban jiang (Chilli broad bean paste)
- 1 tbsp Black vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dark soy
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- Using a sharp knife, barrel out the fish from the middle around towards the skin, ensuring the blood lines are left on the skin. Repeat on the belly side of the salmon.
- Slice each piece of fish about ½ cm thick, place on a serving plate.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, taste and adjust accordingly.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the dressing over the fish slices and top with the herbs, chili, ginger and spring onion.