This homemade garlic bread recipe by Chef Jehanne Ali is a real treat! It’s simple to make and tastes amazingly good!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 40 mins Ready in : 75 mins Serves : 6
- Brioche Dough
- 500g Bread Flour
- 50g Sugar
- 60g Unsalted Butter
- 1 no. Egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Yeast
- 125ml Water
- 125ml Milk
- Garlic Herb Butter
- 125g Butter
- 2-3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Dried Herbs
For the Brioche Dough
- Use the oil to grease the bowl.
- Knead all the ingredients using stand mixer for around 10 minutes. Let it rise in the bowl. Punch down the air and shape into desired size and buns.
- Preheat oven to 400°C on a convection oven and 425°C on a conventional oven.
- Transfer pans to oven and bake until brioche just begins to turn golden, about 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°C on a convection oven and 375°C conventional oven and continue baking until deep golden brown and internal temperature reaches 205°C on an instant-read thermometer, 20 to 25 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let brioche cool in pans for 5 minutes. Unmould onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
For the Herbed Butter
- Mix all the ingredients together to form garlic herb butter, ideal as a spread.