Spice up your Roast Chicken recipe with candlenut powder, dried chilli paste and lemongrass!
Cuisine : Fusion Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 30 mins Ready in : 60 mins Serves : 4
- 1/2 no of 2 pieces of Chicken (Group 1)
- 200 ml Coconut cream (Group 1)
- 2 tbsp Roasted Coconut (Kerisik) (Group 1)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder (Group 1)
- 1 tbsp Fennel Powder (Group 1)
- 1 stalk Lemongrass – crushed (Group 1)
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice (Group 1)
- 1 tsp Salt (Group 1)
- 50 gm Gula Melaka – chop finely (Group 1)
- 4 tbsp Dried Chili Paste (Group 2)
- 2 Red Chili (Group 2)
- 1 tbsp Candlenut Powder (Group 2)
- 5 Shallots (Group 2)
- 4 Whole almond (Group 2)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Rub the chicken parts with Group 1 (roasted coconut, coriander powder, fennel powder, salt, gula melaka) and Group 2
- Heat up the oil and saute crushed lemongrass
- Add coconut milk and simmer till gravy is thick.
- Remove chicken and place it onto a baking tray lined with aluminium foil
- Roast chicken for approximately 20-30 mins
- Pour in the lime juice and garnish with coriander leaves when serving.