Try this humble vegetable stew recipe that is a super-healthy and hearty from Chef Michele Ow!
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 45 mins Ready in : 65 mins Serves : 6-8
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 Eggplant (cubed)
- 1 Red pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 Green pepper (cut into strips)
- 3 Zucchini (peeled if you like and cut into chunks)
- 1kg Tomatoes (skinned and de-seeded or light tomato purée)
- Thyme and rosemary (preferably fresh)
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic and add the eggplant and the red and green peppers.
- When they have softened, add the zucchini, tomatoes and herbs, some salt and pepper, and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until cooked. While the vegetables are cooking, preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare le crumble.
- In a food-processor, or with your fingers, rub the butter into the flour and parmesan. When you have a mixture resembling breadcrumbs, mix in the toasted pine nuts and some pepper.
- When the ratatouille is really nice and soft and cooked, put the cooked vegetables into a gratin dish, cover them with the crumble mixture and cook in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden and crispy.