Enjoy the decadent layers of soft and moist vanilla sponge with a creamy purple sweet potato mousse!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 35 mins Ready in : 175 mins Serves : 10-12
- 3 Eggs
- 80gm Fine Sugar
- 80gm Cake Flour
- 1/2 teasp Baking Powder
- 40gm Warm Water
- 30gm Corn Oil
- Group 1
- 50gm Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolk
- Group 2
- 230 Mashed Purple Yam
- 70gm Thick Coconut Milk(Group 2)
- 3 Pandan Leaves
- A pinch of salt
- Group 3
- 10gm Gelatine Powder
- 40gm Water
- 200gm Whipped Cream
- Whisk egg & sugar at high speed for 5 mins.
- Add in baking powder & flour & whisk for another 5mins.
- Pour in warm water & whisk for 1 min
- Add in warm corn oil by hand. Bake the mixture in preheated 350F oven for 35mins.
- Bloom the gelatin with the water in (Group 3).
- Whip up the whipping cream 35%. (Group 3)
- Whisk egg yolk with sugar and all ingredients in Group 2 together and cool it.
- Fold in the gelatin and egg yolk mixture.
- Fold in whipped cream when cool.
- Layer the mousse on to the vanilla cake and chill the mousse.