Sink your teeth into this delicate and moist Lavender Yogurt Loaf that is a perfect addition to your morning coffee.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 155 mins Cook : 40 mins Ready in : 195 mins Serves : 2 loaves
- 50 gm Natural Yeast Starter (Poolish)
- 50 gm Bread Flour (Poolish)
- 25 gm Cold Water (Poolish)
- 300 gm Bread Flour
- 75 gm Plain Flour
- 1 teasp Salt
- 30 gm Honey
- 100 gm Cold Water
- 40 gm Egg White
- 1 1/2 teasp Yeast
- 80 gm Plain Yogurt
- 60 gm Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Dried Lavender
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add in the wet ingredients. Knead by hands till a dough is formed. Rest for 20mins.
- Mix at moderate speed for 5 to 6mins & get the right dough hydration.
- Bulk Fermentation for about 1.5hrs – 2hrs.
- Fold 1 time in between to strengthen the dough gluten.
- Scale into 2 loaf and shape into a batard.
- Final Fermentation for till double in size.
- Score and Bake at low shelf with steam @ 230°C for 40mins.