Enjoy this creamy pumpkin, ginger soup that is easy-to-prepare and simply delicious!
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 25 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 4
- 30 g Butter
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 300 g Pumpkin, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 100 g Onions, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 80 g Carrots, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 40 g Ginger, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 50 g Flour
- 1 L UHT Milk
- 500 ml Water
- 4 tbsp Maggi concentrated chicken stock
- 50 ml Whipping cream (35% fat)
- Toasted Pumpkin Kernels
- Melt the butter in a soup pot and sauté the garlic.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the flour then pour in the milk and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes till the pumpkin is soft.
- Puree the soup in a blender until it is smooth and fine.
- Bring the puree back to boil, add the Maggi concentrated chicken stock and pour in the cream.
- Remove from the heat and serve garnished with the toasted pumpkin kernels