Whet your appetite with a juicy Roasted Chicken seasoned with fresh fragrant herbs. This incredibly moist and flavourful chicken cooked with fresh Provencal herbs will fill your stomach with pleasure.
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 35 mins Serves : 2
- 2 Large Chicken Legs or 4 Medium Chicken Thighs or 1 Whole Chicken (~1.5kg)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 sprig of Fresh Rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (thickly sliced)
- ½ Medium Carrot
- ½ stalk of Celery (roughly chopped)
- Mix all the spices, seasonings and oil together. Rub all over the chicken with it. Sear chicken in a hot pan till skin is lightly browned.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with foil. Toss the vegetables with some olive oil and salt. Spread the vegetables on the tray and place the chicken on the vegetables.
- Roast chicken for about 15 minutes. Serve chicken with the roasted vegetables.
- **Tip: For a whole roast chicken about 1.5 kg, roast at same temperature for 20-25minutes. Check by inserting a skewer at the thigh region and the juices are clear.