Meltingly tender and full of flavour, this show-stopping Prime Rib paired with a simple and flavourful sauce of jus will leave you wanting for more!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 1440 mins Cook : 120 mins
Ready in : 1580 mins Serves : 1-2
- Ribeye with bone
- Onions, finely diced
- Carrots, finely diced
- Celery, finely diced
- Salt & pepper
- Chef’s note: you really want to get a good piece of meat to do this:
- Marinate meat with salt & pepper and let sit uncovered in fridge for at least 24 hours.
- Take meat out for an hour to come to room temperature before cooking.
- Cook meat at 100 degrees Celsius for 90mins. For every additional kg, 15 minutes can be added. (This is for medium rare).
- Remove and allow to rest (at least 20mins) – remove bone to cook up jus.
- Just before serving put prime meat in oven at 250 degrees Celsius for 8mins.
- You may slice immediately and serve.
- In a saucepan, add the bone, carrots, celery, and onions wine, bay leaves, thyme, and parsley to cook, stirring occasionally until starting to lightly brown, about 8 minutes. Add wine, bay leaves, thyme, and parsley, and cook.
- Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Add beef stock, bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half, another 10 minutes.