Make your very own pesto and serve it with pasta and prawns!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 15 mins
Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 2 servings
Ingredients for the Pesto
- 1 2/3 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 1 large clove Garlic – peeled
- Kosher salt and freshly group black pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil – more for storing
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
Ingredients for the Pasta
- 8 Frozen prawns – thawed
- 1/2 cup Pesto
- Pasta to serve two
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- To make the Pesto, follow steps 2 to 5.
- Pulse the basil, pine nuts, garlic and 1/3 tsp of salt with a pinch of pepper in a food processor until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, slowly pour the olive oil into the feed tube and process, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed, until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
- To make the Pasta, follow steps 7 to 10.
- Add the penne to the pot of boiling water and cook according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and then drain the pasta.
- Add prawns into a pot of salted boiling ware for three minutes and drain.
- Heat a skillet and add the cooked pasta, prawns and toss with the pesto.
- Place the top with parmesan before serving.