This spicy, fresh and tangy Prawn Arrabbiata Pasta uses fresh prawns, sweet cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. Put it together in 30 minutes and you’ll have a perfect weeknight dinner!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 30 mins Serves : 2
- 10 Shelled prawns (keep the heads)
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 5 Big red chillies cut iinto chunks with seeds
- 4 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Dry white wine
- 1 pint Ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Fresh basil leaves, for garnish, optional
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Bring a large tall pot of heavily salted water to a boil.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large frying pan or pot. (enough to hold the pasta)
- Roast the prawn heads in the oil for about 5 mins.
- Remove the prawn heads from the pan and discard. Include any juices that have collected in the bowl. Add the chillies and garlic to the olive oil and cook for a few minutes until fragrant. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the tomatoes, sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper and sauté until they just begin breaking down. Add the prawns and add till it is starting to turn pink.
- Cook the spaghetti in the pot of boiling water along with 2 tablespoons of salt. Cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than indicated on the package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain the spaghetti.
- Add the prawns and pasta to the tomato sauce and toss together for about a minute, adding pasta water as needed. Add chili flakes to taste.
- Serve immediately with torn basil, if using.