This is a basic recipe for anyone who wants to try their hand at Japanese cuisine. Rice, mayonnaise, crabsticks, avocado, cucumber and flying fish roe are wrapped in seaweed and served immediately. Prepare a side of wasabi if desired.
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 0 mins Ready in : 20 mins Serves : 2
- 400g Cooked Sushi Rice
- 2 pieces of Sushi Seaweed (Nori) Sheets
- 200g Crabstick (diced)
- 2 tbsp of Mayonnaise
- ½ Avocado (sliced)
- Shredded Cucumber
- Sesame Seeds or Tobiko Roe
- Divide rice into 2 portions and place 2 pieces of nori sheets on sushi mats.
- Wet hands with water, mould rice onto nori sheets, covering it completely.
- Cover the rice over with cling wrap and overturn the seaweed sheet.
- Lay the crabstick, avocado and sliced cucumber on seaweed sheet.
- Pipe some mayonnaise along the ingredients.
- Roll up the sushi, pulling out the cling wrap and re-wrap again when done to hold the sushi in shape.
- Dust sushi roll toasted sesame seeds.
- Slice the sushi roll and top up each piece with Tobiko roe or salmon roe before serving.