A rich and filling Porcini Soup with both Dried Porcini and Portobello mushrooms drizzled with truffle oil is the perfect dish for a chilly day!
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 60 mins Ready in : 1 hrs 20 mins Serves : 2-4 Servings
- 5g Dried Porcini
- 2 Large Portobello Mushrooms – sliced
- ½ Yellow Onion – Diced
- Olive Oil
- Truffle Oil
- Truffle Salt
- Chives for Garnish
- Soak dried porcini in boiling water. Allow to sit for minimum 20 minutes – this is your mushroom stock.
- In a saucepan, melt some butter with olive oil.
- Add diced onion and fry until softened.
- Add sliced Portobello mushrooms until softened.
- Add in porcini until softened.
- Add in stock, being careful to retain the last tablespoon of stock as this part contains the most sediments; stir and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Switch off the fire and allow to cool.
- After soup is cooled, it can be blended with an immersion blender or in a high speed blender.
- Before serving, heat up soup and finish with cream, drizzle with truffle oil and salt and garnish with chives or parsley.