Enjoy the ultimate brunch with this healthy poached eggs with Smoked Salmon and creamy Avocado Mash with Chef Susanne Despature!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 4
- 4 slices Rye Bread or Wholemeal Bread, toasted
- 4 slices Smoked Salmon
- Avocado Mash
- 2 no. Ripe Avocados
- 1 no. Lime or Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Poached Eggs
- 1l Water
- 10cl Cider Vinegar
- 4 no. Fresh big eggs
- Cut the avocado in two, spoon out the flesh an d mix with lime juice and sour cream until you get a cream, using a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover with cling wrap, refrigerate until use.
- Bring water and vinegar to a boil in a large pan. The vinegar helps egg whites to coagulate. Break egg into a small bowl, then add into the boiling water. With a tablespoon, wrap egg white around the egg yolk. Reduce heat and let simmer for 2 mins.
- Take out the poached egg and place into iced water. Transfer to a plate covered with kitchen towels.
- Arrange some avocado mash on the toasted rye bread. Garnish with smoked salmon and poached egg, add some cress.