The chart-topping signature dish of Penang!
This delicious Penang Fried Kway Teow recipe is quick to cook and contains a generous portion of Lup Cheong, Fishcakes, Prawns and the perfect sauce mixture to bring out savoury & umami flavours!
Cuisine: Asian Course: Main Skill Level: Novice
Prep: 15 mins Cook: 5 mins
Ready in: 20 mins Serves: 2 serving
- 30g Chives
- 4 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Pc Fishcake
- 1 Pc Chinese Sausage
- 3 Pc Shrimps/Prawns
- 200g Rice Noodles
- 5 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- ½ Tsp Fish Sauce
- ½ Tbsp Sugar
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tbsp White Pepper
- 1 Egg
- Chop up the chives, fishcake and Chinese sausages into thin slices
- Dice garlic into minced pieces.
- Prepare the cockles by soaking them in hot water for 10 mins, rinse and drain after.
- Prepare the prawns by deshelling them, applying some salt and let it sit for 10mins. Rinse with water after.
- Prepare sauce mixture with Soy Sauce, Dark Soy Sauce, Fish Sauce, Sugar, Salt and White Pepper, stir thoroughly.
- Make sure all ingredients are ready before frying as it’ll only take 5 minutes.
- Stir-fry the garlic, fishcake, sausages and prawns first, then add in the noodles and finally the sauce.
- Crack an egg once noodles are about to be cook and stir fry together. Add in the chives last and stir a bit.
- Ready to serve in just 5 minutes!