This is a simple and authentic chicken curry dish that is best served with steamed rice!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 55 mins Ready in : 1 hr 15 mins Serves : 4 servings
- 1kg Bone-In Chicken Thigh
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
Wet Sempah (Spices)
- 200g Shallots
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Dried Chili Paste
- 10 slices Galangal (30g)
- 1 stalk Lemongrass, bottom part, sliced (use scissors)
- Half Kaffir Lime Peet
- 2 sprigs Coriander Roots (washed)
- 15g Belachan
Dry Rempah (Spices)
- 3 tsp White Peppercorn
- 1 tsp Roasted Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- Few Kaffir Lime Leaves (julienned)
- Fried Shallots
- Fresh Cilantro
- Blend the wet and dry spices separately then combine them.
- Stir-fry on a wok with Grapeseed Oil till fragrant.
- Set aside.
- Marinade the cut-up chicken pieces with the curry paste mix and salt.
- Transfer the mixture into the Mayer Pressure Cooker.
- Add the marinated chicken, roughly-torn kaffir lime leaves and coconut powder into the pot; stir to combine everything.
- Close the lid; use the Menu button to select the option “Chicken”, then the Mode button to select “Fast”, and finally the Pressure button to select “7”.
- When the cooking cycle finishes, quick-release the steam from the pressure cooker. Transfer the food to a serving plate, then garnish with the fried shallots, julienned kaffir lime leaves and cilantro.
SHIOK SHIOK with Roti Peranchis (French loaves) or simply with steamed rice.