This dish is spicy, rich and creamy which includes beef, spices and coconut milk. It is arguably one of the most popular dish in Asia!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 60 mins Ready in : 1 hr 15 mins Serves : 4 servings
- 300g Shallots, grounded
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, grounded
- 5 Fresh Red Chilli, grounded
- 8 slices Galangal, grounded
- 2 slices Ginger, grounded
- 6 slices Turmeric, grounded
- 2 stalks Lemongrass (1 to crush only)
- 8 pcs Candle Nuts (BuahKeras)
- 2 tsp Lee Kum Kee Fine Shrimp Sauce (Belachan)
- 250ml Coconut Milk (Kara Brand is ok)
- 6 pcs Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 750ml Water
- 1-2 tbsp BabaLicious Homemade Curry Powder
- To taste- Salt and Palm Sugar
- 1kg Beef (cut in large cubes)
- Half packet Kerisik
- On a heated green-pan wok with cooking oil, stir-fry the grounded ingredients and kaffir lime leaves till fragrant.
- Add the beef cubes while stirring to seal the meat with the slices. Then add the water/chicken stock and simmer till meat tenders.
- Add coconut milk, use lower fire and adjust flavour with sea salt and sugar to taste. Turn off the flame.
- Garnish it with fine Turmeric leaves.
SHIOK SHIOK with Roti Prata or simply with steamed rice.