This version of Paella Valencia, a Spanish rice dish, comes cooked with seafood and chicken. Fry the rice correctly and balance different flavours from ingredients such as seafood, veggies and spices to get impressive results.
Cuisine : Mediterranean Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 45 mins Ready in : 55 mins Serves : 4
- 6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ White Onion (chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 cup of Short Grain Rice (~150g), washed and drained
- 1½ cup of Water (~270ml)
- 3 tbsp Concentrated Chicken Stock
- ½ tbsp Paprika Powder
- ½ tsp Saffron Threads (optional)
- 100g Red and Yellow Peppers (sliced)
- 100g Frozen Clam Meat
- 150g Peeled Shrimp
- 150g Fish Fillets
- 2 bunches of Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- Lemon Wedges
- Heat oil in full metal braising pot, sauté onions, tomatoes and garlic for 10-15 minutes until soft and aromatic.
- Combine Maggi Chicken Stock with water. Add spices to the sofrito mixture, cook for 2 minutes. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix in the rice and pour in chicken stock, bring stock to the boil and add the bell peppers.
- Transfer paella to oven and bake for 20-30minutes. Add clam meat, shrimps and fish fillet in last 15 minutes of baking. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and garnish with lemon wedges before serve.