Make your kids this No Spice Honey Gingerbread this festive season!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 1 hr 20 mins Cook : 11 mins Ready in : 1 hr 31 mins Serves : 6-8 Servings
- 150g Unsalted Butter, Cubed
- 100g Mix of Light & Dark Brown Sugar
- *Can use Molasses Sugar as well
- 170g Honey
- 1/4 tsp Seas Salt/Fine Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg (65g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste/Extract
- 535g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Combine butter, sugar and honey. Heat over gentle heat till the butter is fully melted. Transfer to metal/glass mixing bowl.
- Add Baking Soda and salt. Stir well to combine. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Using the paddle attachment, mix in on low speed egg and vanilla.
- On low speed, add flour in 2-4 additions till full combined.
- The dough will be soft. Divide into two portions. Flatten and cling wrap dough.
- Refrigerate for 1hr or till firm to handle.
- When ready to use, flour your worktop, dough and rolling pin.
- Roll to your desired thickness. Cut using floured cookie cutters.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes depending on cookie size.
* Keep at room temperature for up to 7 days. Best eaten within 2 days for its soft texture.
Chilled dough keeps well in fridge for up to 7 days.
- Honey Cinnamon: Add 1-2tsp ground cinnamon
- Honey Gingerbread: Add 1 tsp ground all spice and 1-2tsp ground ginger