These colourful steamed Rainbow Lapis is what we grew up with. You can now make this perennial favourite at home with the recipe shared by Chef Julie Yee!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 40 mins Ready in : 55 mins Serves : 6
- 40g Rice Flour
- 190g Tapioca Flour
- 400g Coconut Milk
- ½ tsp Salt
- 160g Coconut Milk
- 160g Sugar
- 6 no. Pandan leaves
- Mix rice flour, tapioca flour, 400g coconut milk and ½ tsp salt in a big bowl and whisk to combine. (Group )
- Place pandan leaves, sugar and 160g coconut milk in a saucepan and cook till sugar has melted.
- Pour the hot mixture into Group 1.
- Divide the portion into 4 portions.
- Add the desired colourings to the other 3 portions.
- Line 8” square tray with grease proof paper.
- Scoop 1 ladle & steam for 5mins. Pour the 2nd layer immediately & steam for another 5 mins.
- For the last layer, add in the red portion & steam for about 20 mins.
- *White > Blue > Green > Violet > White > Blue > Green > Violet > Red