Poached Pears with Parma Ham, Fresh Mozzarella Cheese and Rocket Leaves
by Eric Low
A great starter to share with a friend, this dish of Poached Pears with Parma Ham, Fresh Mozzarella Cheese and Rocket Leaves is a perfect medley of flavours! It looks fancy, and tastes even better! Try it at home – you’d be surprised at how easy it is to put together!
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 2
- 1pc Cinnamon stick
- 4pcs Cloves
- 200ml Water
- 75g Sugar
- ½ no. Lemon
- 1 no. Packham/Anjou, Conference Pears, peeled and sliced
- 4 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 8 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100g Rocket leaves or mixed greens
- 8 tbsp Parma ham slices
- 1 no. Fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 30g Shaved parmesan cheese
- 30g Chopped walnuts
- Combine spices in pot with water, sugar and lemon. Bring to boil and add the sliced pears. Remove pot from heat when the poaching liquid boils up again and allow the pears to steep in the poaching liquid. Cool and chill in fridge.
- Combine red wine vinegar and olive oil. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Divide salad leaves into four portions. Arrange poached pears, parma ham and fresh mozzarella on salad greens. Drizzle dressing over and sprinkle on shaved parmesan and chopped walnuts before serve.