A light and moist cake topped with a thick layer of cinnamon crumbs is a perfect addition to any brunch spread!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 25 mins Cook : 25 mins Ready in : 50 mins Serves : 10-12
- Crumb Topping
- 100 g Brown sugar
- 60 g Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 110 g Butter, melted
- 140 g Flour
- 80 g Butter
- 80 g Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 80 g Self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- First make the crumble mixture
- Mix all the ingredients together until it comes together like dough.
- Refrigerate while making the cake batter.
- To make the cake, follow step 5 to 12.
- Cream the eggs and the sugar until it is light, pale and creamy.
- Add in one egg and mix it until well incorporated.
- Then add in 2 spoonfuls of the the flour.
- Stir in the other egg and then the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the rest of the flour.
- Place the batter in a cake tin lined with parchment.
- Top it with the crumble mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 25 minutes or until done.