Start your day right with homemade Mulitgrain Sandwich Loaf for a hearty breakfast sandwich!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 120 mins Cook : 30 mins Ready in : 150 mins Serves : 6
- 3 3/4 cups Multigrain Flour (9 blend variety)
- 1 1/2 tsp Yeast
- 1 cup Milk (or water)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil for grease
Directions using KENWOOD BREAD MAKER:
- Add the yeast on the bottom.
- Add the multigrain flour.
- Tip it in followed by sugar, salt, honey and liquid (water or milk).
- Set as ‘basic bread’ as per the bread maker manual.
Directions using KENWOOD MIXER or Hands Kneading:
- Add all the ingredients in a mixer, or knead by hand, adding liquid gradually to achieve soft tacky dough.
- Leave to rise for about an hour.
- Do not punch down the air, instead roll and shape into a loaf pan.
- Leave it to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Brush top with milk and sprinkle some grains or seeds.
- Bake at preheated oven of 190°C for 30-35 minutes.