Tempt your tastebud with a classic Mont Blanc Tart; with each bite you will taste the sweetness of chestnut and caramel overtone of the rum.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 40 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 55 mins Serves : 2-4 Servings
- Sugar Dough
- 105g Icing Sugar
- 135g Bread Flour
- 135g Cake Flour
- 105g Cold Butter, cubed
- 60g Egg
- Mont Blanc Cream
- 360g Chestnut Paste
- 180g Chestnut Puree
- 180g Whipped Cream
- 27g Rum
- 2pcs Gelatine, bloomed
DIRECTIONS FOR SUGAR DOUGH
- Combine icing sugar, cake flour, bread flour.
- Cut cold butter into the flour mixture until mealy texture form.
- Add eggs, mix until dough form.
- Flatten the dough and rest inside chiller for later use.
- Roll out to 3mm thickness and shape into tart mould.
- Bake at 180 deg cel until golden brown.
- Cool down before assembling.
DIRECTIONS FOR MONT BLANC CREAM
- Bloom gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Slightly microwave chestnut paste and chestnut puree to soften them.
- Whip up cold cream using whisk.
- Fold whipped cream into chestnut mixture.
- Microwave to melt gelatine in rum.
- Fold rum mixture into chestnut cream mixture.
- Fill into piping bag and assemble accordingly.