Enjoy these light, crunchy Japanese Roasted Green Tea Cat’s Tongue Biscuits with a cup for your favourite tea for an afternoon treat!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 8-12 mins Ready in : 28-32 mins Serves : 2-4 Servings
- 80g Butter
- 70g Caster Sugar
- *Use icing sugar for a finer textured biscuit
- 80g Plain Flour
- 8g Houjicha Powder
- 2 Egg Whites from 60-65g Eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream or whisk by hand butter & sugar till light and fluffy.
- Mix in sifted flour & houjicha powder and mix till combined. Mix on slow.
- Mix in egg whites till combined. Mix on slow.
- Fill piping bags with batter.
- Pipe 5-6cm per cookie and have a 5cm gap between each cookie on baking paper lined trays.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes depending on the size of the cookie till the edges turn brown.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.