Melonpan is a Japanese sweet bread with a thin cookie crust at the top which is soft and fluffy inside and crispy outside!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 105 mins Cook : 12 mins Ready in : 117 mins Serves : 4-6
- 240 g Bread Flour
- 50 g Cake Flour
- 10 g Milk Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 40 g Sugar
- 150 g Water
- 30 g UHT Milk
- 7 g (1 3/4 tsp) Yeast
- 20 g Egg
- 25 g Crisco Shortening
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add in the egg, yeast and ice water.
- Add in the shortening and knead till gluten has formed.
- Let it ferment for 45mins and punch down.
- Scale into 50gm.
- Wrap the filling. Proof it for 30mins to 45mins till it double in size.
- Cover the greased lid and bake at low shelf @ 200C for 12mins.