Enjoy the symphony of cinnamon apple baked under a topping of oats crumble served with a tart yogurt cream that makes a well-balanced sweet treat!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 40 mins Cook : 55 mins
Ready in : 95 mins Serves : 6-8 servings
Ingredients for Yogurt Cream
- 150g Whipped Cream
- 100g Plain Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Ingredients for Cinnamon Apples
- 2 Red/Green Apple
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
Ingredients for Oat Crumble
- 80g Unsalted Butter
- 70g Plain Flour
- 45g Rolled Oats
- 70g Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- To make the Yogurt Cream, follow steps 2 to 4.
- Whip the yogurt, honey and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
- Fold in the whipped cream into the yogurt mixture.
- Chill before serving.
- To make the Cinnamon Apples, follow steps 6 to 11.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon powder in a bowl.
- Lightly spray a baking tray large enough to fit 4 apple halves.
- Halve the apples lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the core, seeds and stem.
- Arrange the apple halves in the baking tray with the flesh facing up.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the apples and set it aside.
- To make the Oats Crumble, follow steps 13 to 19.
- Combine all the ingredients except butter in a medium bowl.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Mix in the dry ingredients till well mixed.
- Divide the toppings between 4 apples and gently press it down onto the apples.
- Bake the apples and cover with aluminium foil for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake for another 20-30 minutes until the apples are soft and topping has browned.
- Serve warm with yogurt cream.