There’s nothing quite as comforting as a warm serving of homemade Mac & Cheese. The warm, melted cheese goes so well with the pasta, and the salty crisp bacon adds extra flavour and texture to the dish! Try this recipe at home today for a quick and easy dinner!
Cuisine : American Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 2-4
- 100ml Cream
- 100ml Milk
- 1# Bay Leaf
- ½# Onion
- Nutmeg, to taste
- 50g Cheddar Cheese
- 50g Sautéed Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp Crispy Bacon (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 100g Penne Pasta (par-boiled)
- 1 tbsp Mozzarella
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
- Gently warm up the cream, milk, bay leaf and onion in pot.
- Once it comes into a gentle boil, turn off heat and add in nutmeg, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Par-cook the penne according to the instructions.
- Add penne, bacon and mushroom into ramekin. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in oven for 5-10 mins until cheese gratinates.